A day in the Life of Claire

This spot is dedicated to the preparation and life of Claire Cox. Claire has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18, which is a genetic disease caused by an extra chromosome at the 18th spot. We know that God can cure Claire at any time, and continue to pray for this; however we also know that His Will, will be done!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

HAPPY ONE DAY BIRTHDAY!!!! She had a completely UNEVENTFUL night, and it was GREAT. Claire continues to gain strength and coordination. We think we may have even heard her say War Eagle, but we're not sure.
Many times, children this small, even without trisomy, have a hard time sucking, swallowing, and breathing all at once. Claire was not able to do this either, she seemed to want to eat only, and forgo the breathing part (just a minor detail). She also seemed to spit out everything, without really swallowing it. We of course began to worry that her stomach did not attach to her esophagus (which can be common with trisomy babies). We decided to insert a small feeding tube through her mouth. Luckily, it did enter her stomach (which we assumed was great news). So now we feed her 13ml of formula through this tube. It is very easy, and possibly just temporary, until she gets a little more weight on her (and better coordination). So do not get upset if you see a picture of her with this tube, it is actually another good sign.
Mom is up and about, doing better than you could ever imagine.
LIFE IS GOOD!

8 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tammy and Billy , Cindy just told me yesterday about baby Claire .I remember sitting with you at her wedding and feeling the love between you . I just feel how lucky your little baby is .You have not left my thoughts ,and I am praying for you all
    I believe in miracles .
    Kim

     
  • At 1:51 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Billy and Tammy,
    Congratulations!
    What a beautiful baby.You have my love and prayers for yourselves and Claire. Dr. vince Arata asked me for prayers yesterday for you all. We will continue raising you in prayer daily.
    Love
    Sr. Therese

     
  • At 2:18 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Claire has been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I look forward to viewing this site so I can get an update on her. Go girl!! I wouldn't expect anything different from a "Cox".

    Love,
    Sherry

     
  • At 4:40 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy One Day Birthday Claire!!!

    We have all anxiously checked the web site all day to get our "Claire Fix" and see how her first night went. we are THRILLED to hear it all went so well! And glad Mom is feeling good...it's just all wonderful news. Can't wait for more pictures and news.. Tammy, have you fixed Claire a purse yet with Skittles and sweeties??? If she's like her Mama, that will make her eat...or give her a Hershey bar:) We love you all...Claire is such a miracle!!
    The Lipscombs

     
  • At 4:45 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Claire is absolutely beautiful. Brandy and I have been thinking a lot about you guys. We both admire your strength, your love for one another and your appreciation of the preciousness of life. Congratulations.


    John and Brandy Parker

     
  • At 8:21 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tony Hoffman was kind enough to forward your email and the link to your webpage. We are praying for you and Claire and look forward to seeing you home soon. Thank you for sharing this with us and we are just next door should you need anything whatsoever.
    Best Wishes
    Rod and Kelly

     
  • At 9:26 PM, October 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Billy and Tammy,

    I just wanted to remind you that I am praying for Claire and your beautiful family. Wow!! What great pictures - she is an adorable miracle. Remember that God has a plan and he is with us always. You are right on with the power of touch too - I experienced it first hand when my little Eli was in the NICU. Babies feel how much you love them and nothing else compares to that warmth. I really admire your strength and appreciate your taking the time to share this experience with all of us. Congrats on all of the good news so far!!!
    Sallie Blair

     
  • At 9:53 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow!I am amazed at how this miracle
    of precious claire is bringing Glory to God!I am filled with joy
    to experience healing manifested
    so quickly as in Isaiah 58:8.I too
    have been changed by this little
    arrival of God.I am so proud to
    have you as my sister and brother n
    law.I am in expectation to see what
    great things God has planned for
    ya'll!God bless you and I pray
    his face shine upon you!
    Love you lots,
    Your sister ,Sherri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .