A day in the Life of Claire

This spot is dedicated to the preparation and life of Claire Cox. Claire has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18, which is a genetic disease caused by an extra chromosome at the 18th spot. We know that God can cure Claire at any time, and continue to pray for this; however we also know that His Will, will be done!

Friday, September 22, 2006

While out in California at a christian camp with my daughter Emily, I heard for the first time God talk to me. It was not a loud voice, or even an audible sound, rather just a "hint" of an idea.

Going to this camp (JH Ranch), my sole intention was to grow closer to my Daughter Emily. Although most of my prayers before I went (as well as after getting there), was to better my relationship with Emily, I of course also prayed daily for Tammy and I's unborn child, Claire, who has been diagnoses with Trisomy 18.

At lunch the 2nd day, I had a very distinct urge to go talk to the assistant, Mack, that made the announcements at all the meals. Well, I ignored this urge, and went about my business for that day. The next day, at lunch again, I had the same urge. I did not realize that this had come across me the day before. This time I paid a little more attention to it. I got up and went toward Mack, but at the very last minute decided I NO idea what I would discuss with him. So instead I veered off to the salad bar, which was beside him, and made a salad. I did not want a salad, so after making it, I just left it on my table untouched. I thought that was very odd for me, I'll talk to anyone and I never take food if I do not intend on eating it (but what else was I to do, walk around him like an idiot with no direction???).

Later that night, Mack was the speaker. Macks topic was the best 75 days of his life. Many years early, he and his wife had a baby that lived for only 75 days. What was an extremely difficult time for them, was also the most amazing and wonderful time of their life. They had to stay by their child's side around the clock, and aspirate her and sometimes even assist her breathing. Instead of them questioning their religion as they had been, they suddenly felt much closer to God and to each other.

He went on to say that their baby (Elizabeth) had a very rare disease called Trisomy.

COINCIDENCE ? ? ? I THINK NOT ! ! !

10 Comments:

  • At 5:37 AM, September 24, 2006, Blogger Ginny Mooney said…

    hi cox family! my name is ginny mooney and i think you have heard of my son, Eliot. he has trisomy 18 and is 66 days old today! God is sovereign...He loves you guys so much and He loves Claire...He made her. One thing Christ has been reminding me lately is that He loves Eliot more than I do...hard to imagine, since my heart has never been so full as right now, but He does. Matt and I will be praying for you as well as for Claire. Please, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us about ANYTHING...i can't tell you how many times we have felt alone in this journey & if we can encourage you in any way...doctors, decisions, etc...let us know.
    Ginny Mooney

     
  • At 11:21 AM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reading yall's story brought tears to my eyes. Not tears of sadness, but tears of joy becuase it's so awesome how much trust yall are putting in the Lord. Trusting him is one of the hardest things to do and the fact that yall are trusting him with your unborn child is incredible. There's a saying that says, "Let go and let GOD!" and that is exactly what yall are doing. God promises that he won't give us anything we can't handle. Yall have been chosen to cary this special child that is about to be born and that is an honor. Yall have been on my mind and in my prayers since this summer. John and I had class together this summer at Auburn and I found out then that is was a possibility that Claire may have trisomy 18. Then my Dad met Billy at the Ranch this summer and I think they really formed a special relationship. My dad has sung praises about Billy since he met him this summer and their relationship has continued beyond the ranch. I know that my dad prays for your family all the time and he's always asking me how things are going and if I've talked to John. Yall have so many people that love yall and so much support, but most importantly yall have got your hearts and minds focused in the right place. Keep on praying and trusting in him. I love yall and I'm praying for yall!

    Paige Pearce

     
  • At 7:42 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Billy & Tammy,



    I just learned about Claire’s diagnosis. Steve forwarded me the email and I read the blogs (they were very uplifting). Claire is truly blessed to have you as parents. God chose you both for a reason and it’s very clear to me why.



    My hopes and prayers are with you all.



    Debbie Hadley

     
  • At 7:44 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Billy,

    Thank you for sharing this with us. Debbie and I were not aware of
    Hope's diagnosis. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Please call
    on us if we can help out in any way.

    YITB,
    Steve

     
  • At 7:47 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Billy,

    Thanks for the update. Colleen and I will be praying for you. I am reminded of Paul's words "we see through a glass dimmly". Living in a fallen world there are many things we will not understand until we stand before God. But we can trust in His goodness and grace and mercy.

    As I type this, I am with the family on a cruise (The Seven Seas Navigator) around Italy. Today we were in Rome, tomorrow Florence. MaCayla and I are having a good time. It's been nice to have time with her again without all the typical distractions of life.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

    Blessings!

    Bruce Prevost

     
  • At 9:32 AM, September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tammy -
    I'm Mack's wife (from the Ranch) and Elizabeth's mother. I just read the information about your precious baby (though Mack had already told me about it). My thoughts immediately went back those many years ago when the Lord gave us our own sweet gift of a very special child. How wonderful it is of our Lord to know which parents will love these children the most and see them as perfect. Mack and I are in prayer for you as you prepare your hearts for Tuesday's celebration of Claire's birth. I'm sure you already know that the name "Claire" means "pure in grace". I know, as was with us, that God's grace will be sufficient for you during this time. May his peace of His presence continue to envelope you and Billy. Much love and prayer - Mack and Janice Ogren

     
  • At 2:29 PM, October 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God bless.
    Stoney, Kathy & Barr Chavers

     
  • At 5:44 PM, October 02, 2006, Blogger jayne said…

    Dear ones,
    Your faith, hope, and strength have been an inspiration. As you prepare for Claire, just know that my thoughts and prayers are all over you.
    If you decide you want/need people, help, food, company, know too, that I am a phone call away! That goes for the rest of your precious family too!!!
    With much love,
    Jayne

     
  • At 9:32 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow!! I am so excited to hear about Claire's unbelievable story and the impact God has made on your lives!! It makes me even more excited to hear about the awesome encounters you had with Christ this summer at JH Ranch and I can totally relate to the experience you had!! The Ranch changed my life and I known that God has a plan for you'll and Claire's life!! This is a verse from Jerimiah that has helped remind me of God's will and His plans for me and I hope it will do the same for you!!

    Jeremiah 29:11 - "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with Hope!"

    With Prayers and Love an Anonymous Friend

     
  • At 10:57 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    billy how great is God?Paige helped me get to your web site so I could send cogratulations.Iwill have a specialprayer tomorrow morning at the Wednesday prayer meeting.May God continue to bless Claire and your family.Blessing on all of yall.
    David Pearce

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .