A day in the Life of Claire

This spot is dedicated to the preparation and life of Claire Cox. Claire has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18, which is a genetic disease caused by an extra chromosome at the 18th spot. We know that God can cure Claire at any time, and continue to pray for this; however we also know that His Will, will be done!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Good Morning all! Thank you so much for all the support, loving thoughts and PRAYERS that have all been sent our way. You really realize in times as these what the true meaning of life is really all about and WOW, how fast we seem to get off track! May we all benefit from this experience to reevaluate each of our lives...
As you noticed in the slide show, Claire was born blue and continued to grow more and more blue with her heartbeat dropping to almost nothing. Billy's only goal now was to rush her to My side and then to have her baptized. How thankful I am not only for my wonderful strong husband but my fabulous doctor who had me numb to my surroundings. My first question was "is she alive?" I knew from the soothing, calm answer from Billy "she's perfect" that it wasn't good. Then Father O'Connor baptized her. When I came too,I witnessed for myself this miracle. Alfred Wacker, you will never know how right you were when you blogged us before we went in for delivery that "we were about to meet an angel". Yall have to know what your messages have done for us, such a source of strength especially when at times we ourselves don't have it. I went into delivery repeating, we were about to meet an angel, and how TRUE that came to be! MIRACLES DO STILL HAPPEN.
As the slide show clearly shows the blueness went straight to fabulous color and here we find ourselves a day before going home AND appear to be able to take HER WITH US!!! You will not find anyone smiling bigger than me or my husband!
If you could see our room and hear what the nurses say as they come in, you too would be impressed. You can smell the wonderful fragrance bellowing from our room all the way down the hall. Thank you for these beautiful flowers and encouraging notes. It is our daily highlight to sit and read all that you have written. I hope each of you are rejoicing with us over our Claire, for she truly wouldn't be here without each of you.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news on Claire being able to come home! We look forward to meeting her. I think it is safe to assume that Claire's good looks didn't come from Daddy (g). Take care.

    John and Brandy Parker

     
  • At 12:34 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tammy, Billy and Camille,
    What a special gift from God. Claire Hope is truly beautiful. I am so glad that we have been able to see and hear from you through this blog site. I believe God has something special planned for your family. We love and are praying for you all. May God contiune to bless and strengthen you. Love, Joanna

     
  • At 4:06 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Clair was put on this earth for a very special reason. This little angel has done so much good and changed so many lives. When Clair was born God decided that she still had more lives to touch and that special little miracle is still with us. You both should be honored you were chosen by God to be Clair's parents. I am honored to be a small part of this miracle.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are both amazing!!! And what wonderful news about claire's homecoming!!! We look forward to meeting her soon!! God is Good!
    We love You,
    Melody & Richard

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .