A day in the Life of Claire

This spot is dedicated to the preparation and life of Claire Cox. Claire has been diagnosed with Trisomy 18, which is a genetic disease caused by an extra chromosome at the 18th spot. We know that God can cure Claire at any time, and continue to pray for this; however we also know that His Will, will be done!

Friday, October 06, 2006


Yesterday Claire asked me to write on her blog, without hesitation I said yes. But after thinking about it, I really did not know exactly what to say, for words can not describe the roller coaster of emotions we have all experienced. The begining of the week was filled not only with anxiety, but fear as well. I did not know what to expect: what would she look like, how would I handle this, how am I going to stay strong for Dad and Tammy, how long would Claire be with us, would I even get a chance to meet her, WHY WHY WHY? I had no clue what to expect or how to handle myself. Last week, after asking my Dad some of these questions, he told me about the blog site and told me to check it out. He said he knew everything was going to be okay, and there was nothing to do put trust God. I have always heard this, but never really known how to do it. I read the site, and saw the strength and courage my Dad and Tammy had. It has to be the most uplifting and inspirational thing I have ever experienced, first hand. Their courage and faith then rubbed off on me, and I began to pray and trust that God would take care of everything. Through my daily prayers for, strength, guidance, and Claire’s health, I realized that everything was going to “okay”. Well everything was not “okay,” it was AWESOME! I never in my wildest dreams thought things would turn out the way they have. Not only have a gotten to meet Claire, but I have had the opportunity to get to know her and become attached to her. She is probably the most beautiful 3.5 pound bundle of joy I have ever seen. This experience has also brought me closer to my Dad and Tammy. The strength and faith they have demonstrated, has inspired me in ways words can not express, and for that I am forever thankful. Finally I have grown closer to God. I have learned to let go and trust God, because without God, nothing is possible. I have also learned the power of prayer. I truly believe that Claire is here today because of the countless prayers from all of our friends and family. One main quote that has stuck in my head for the past several weeks is, “Measure your life in love.” Every time I think of this quote, all I can do is think about how it applies to Claire, and the love and support that has been shown for her by everyone. Claire really is a miracle, and a gift from God. I now thank God everyday this miracle, because she has changed my life forever!

10 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger Bob and ME said…

    Dear Billy and Tammy--and Claire,

    We are amazed at what is happening in your lives right now--what could be so difficult has become such a blessing. Your sharing of your lives and your attitude has greatly moved and inspired us. You are members of a great family, and also the family of God. Thank you so much for letting others be in contact with you.

    We have seen pictures of Claire--what a beautiful child!

    We will be remembering you all in prayer.

    With love,

    Bob and Mary Ella

     
  • At 10:33 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    God really DOES work miracles! Claire is a precious and beautiful example of the way God shows His prescence in our lives. He is there, inside of EVERYONE of us. It takes only one miracle to change our lives forever. Claire is truly a MIRACLE! My thoughts and prayers to the Cox familly.
    - Anonymous

     
  • At 8:23 AM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tammy, Billy, Claire and all of your dear family,

    From the time we left our first message we have witnessed a beautiful miracle. Claire is an absolute gift from God.We cant tell you how happy we are for you all. She is beautiful and thank you for allowing us to share in your special time. We hope to see you all soon.

    Love, Kevin and Cindy Presley and Family

     
  • At 9:00 AM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Cox family,
    Claire is such a beautful baby! She looks just like Camille! I am so glad that the baby is doing good. I have been keping all of yall in my prayers. I cant wait to see yall soon!
    Love Karen Presley
    PS. to Emily, I am so glad you have a new baby sister she looks like you too. I know you are so proud of her! Love Karen

     
  • At 9:40 AM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I look forward to checking this site each time to see the progress with baby Claire .Each time ,the news gets better .Your story is so inspiring ,and it reminds me of the beautiful gift I have in my own life .I know God chose you for Claire ,because HE knew she needed the strongest most faithful people she could have in her life .
    You amaze me and renew my faith .
    Kim

     
  • At 11:15 AM, October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your family has truly blessed my heart. From the day that I met you when you were coming to hospital to have Claire, there was something about the two of you that, at the time, I could not explain. After getting to know you and your faith in God, and now getting updates on Claire has helped me with my own faith in God. Isn't He awesome?!! I know that bringing Claire home opens a whole new door of fears, however God has a plan and He knows what He is doing. I am so happy that you have been able to spend this amount of time with Claire. She is beautiful!! Since the day that I met you, I have kept you in my prayers, and I will continue to do so. I look forward to checking this site often and getting updates on how everyone is doing. God Bless You.

    Love,
    Stephanie (nurse in Labor and Delivery)

     
  • At 9:37 AM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To John...
    We were touched by your comments about your Dad, Tammy and beautiful Claire...you have always been an awesome young man, but it is such a wonderful thing that you have been able to grow in your faith with your family. I know that you will take good care of everyone in this journey. God Bless you!
    We love you...:)
    The Lipscombs

     
  • At 9:26 PM, October 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    John, you have always been my heart - you are an awesome young man! As your uncle Pat said, you "are a sweet spirit in a chaotic world." I love you,
    Aunt Jayne

     
  • At 12:07 PM, October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Billy,
    I have been out of town and the office for a week, but was so excited to hear about Claire Hope's arrival!!!! How beautiful she is!!
    Julie has kept me posted every day since I returned and just wanted you to know that I have thought of you often since you were at JH this summer and told me about the baby's expected arrival.......Know that I, along with our entire staff, are asking God to hold you and Tammy and the entire family and surround you with His lovingkindness (the best of all possibilities).
    We love you and appreciate your sharing your journey with us.
    Gratefully,
    Gloria Hampe

     
  • At 2:32 PM, October 11, 2006, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I am truly amazed at Claire's story. I will continue to pray for her strength as well as for your family and friends. God Bless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .